Thursday, April 21, 2011

May Miracles: One in particular...




Let's go back a bit...and yes this will be about jewelry...eventually.



When I first became pregnant with Ian I needed all the support I could get. In real life, online, whatever! I was blessed to find IVillage and to become part of the May 2004 Expecting Club. I met many incredible women and I am happy to say that I have remained friends with many of them to this day! Yes for over 7 years I have had these friendships. These friendships have meant as much, and sometimes more, than some friendships I have had in real life. I have laughed with these Moms, cried with these Moms and we have been there for each other, and yes sometimes we have even had silly little high school tiffs-see just like in real life:)



I am also happy to say that I have met some of these Moms in real life and you know what, they are just as FANTASTIC in real life as they are online:)



One of these Moms has a special place in all of our hearts. Kerry. I am not going to go into the full story becasue I can't even begin to do it justice with my pieced together blog, but you can read about her, her husband Patrick and their AMAZING son Finnegan at http://finnzfundz.blogspot.com/. Plus if I start typing about it the tears will be flowing and I will never finish this entry. I would also put a plug in to donate to Finnz Fundz if you can, even a little bit can help.



Anywoooo, where I am going with all of this is here: Mom and I were shopping for beads, wire, and many other things and came to the end of our trip and she noticed a clearanced bowl of different charms. She picked one up and said "this one looks like a butterfly." I snatched it up, as I knew that butterflies are something that Kerry looks at as a reminder of her beautiful little boy Finn (and that is why you see butterflies flying on Facebook through me and the other Moms). So I wasn't done shopping because I think that Finn was telling me that his Mom needed a new necklace:)





And that whole thing about not crying, well that didn't happen, but I still finished...barely.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful way to honor her
    ~jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you thank you for the kind words and lovely gift. it helps so much to know how many people keep my little guy in their hearts...

    ReplyDelete