Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not Just Jewelry...

When I was little I remember having homemade cakes that were made by my Mom. I remember Strawberry Shortcake, Holly Hobby and Barbie too, somewhere along the way. So I decided that I wanted to be able to do this for my children too. Little did I know that I could actually do it! Here are some that I have made:



Ian's 3rd birthday cake! Lightning McQueen.



Ian's 4th birthday cake! Thomas the Tank Engine! Probably the hardest I have done!



Ian's 5th birthday cakes! Yes there had to be two:) Speed Racer (left) and Racer X (right).




And Ian shared his 5th birthday party with his sister, who was baptized on that day:)




And the next thing I know she was starting to have birthdays! This is her Puppy Cake from her first birthday!






Thsi is her princess cake from her 2nd birthday!







And these cakes are from her 3rd birthday, which was just this past February. Her tastes haven't changed much since her 2nd!


I have just recieved my very first cake order from someone who is not related! I am going to make a Guitar/Bieber inspired cake for a beautiful little girl who is turning 8. I am very excited to make it and will post pictures once it is done. Wish me luck!


**And to those wondering about Ian's 1,2 & 6 birthday cakes...1-ordered a tractor cake, 2-made a train cake but cannot find a picture of it and 6-had my gallbladder taken out 1 week prior so I gave myself a pass that year:)




























1 comment:

  1. cool cakes! I am attempting a princess castle cake in May for Alicia's birthday.. should be interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete